Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen



13 things that are good right now

I've had a lot of time to dwell on negative things lately so I think it's time to point out some of the positive.

1. My Children - Although I may not have P here at home with me as much as I want he is still here some of the time. Those boys push me harder to be a better person so that Mommy can be someone they can look up to.

2. My Hubby - My greenman. OMG does he put up with a lot of shit from me...lol But he does and he loves me and even if we argue there is no question about that fact. No matter what he's there to pick me up when I fall.

3. Sadie, My BFF Like you said distance doesn't define a relationship. I'm positive we were sisters in another life. We click we mesh, I know no matter what you will be honest with me even if I don't want to hear it at the moment. You smack me when i need it the most.

4. My Home - My boys and I have a roof over our heads. We have a place to sleep, we have a home. For the first time since I moved out of my parent's place...I have a home...not just a house...but a real home. One filled with love and not fear and regret.

5. My Friends - The honest and true ones that are there no matter what and tell you you are being an idiot when you are.

6. My Family - I don't think I would have survived those few years during the divorce without them.

7. My In-laws - Same as above they have helped keep me sane here while my family tried to help from a distance.

8. Tara - I've mentioned her before. She one of the strongest witches I have ever met. She is a mentor, a teacher and a friend. She makes me want to learn more and be a better witch.

9. What hearing I have left - Yes I know it sounds odd, but right now I still can hear so I need to be thankful for what I can hear as opposed to wallowing in what I can't. (Some days are harder then others)

10. The Goddess and The God and the gifts they give us every day. You can feel them on the breeze or see them in the trees. You may not see them at all....but they are there.

11. My Life - Yes it's had ups and downs....but life is always going to be a roller coaster...but right now I still get to ride that roller coaster...

12. The wonderful ladies I read on my Bloglist. You guys give me something to look forward to every day to read. You let us in on your lives and I'm greatful for that.

13. A shower - Yes I know it seems like a silly thing to be thankful for. but tonight I got to take an actualy shower. Not the "in and out" because you have to be somewhere. The kids were in bed and I got to take my time and relax. (hey sometimes it's the lil things)

1 comment:

Nydia said...

I could easily quote you in everything, only changing names on # 3 and 8. These are the basic blessings a person has, if lucky enough and wise enough to recognize it. I couldn't list it better. Wish you a nice weekend. Hugs from a Brazilian witch.