Thursday, January 3, 2008

The New Year

I've spent the past two days with my boys and I have to say I became spoiled by it. Being back at work today and the having to be up at 6:30 royally sucked...but I'm here and actually feeling better then I had been feeling at the end of the year. There are a few things that I am trying to work with as far as resolutions. Although we will see how I do with them.

One of the big ones is my weight. I need to lose it again. I did it before and granted I was still smoking at the time but I can/will do it again. I am swiftly approaching my one year of having quit smoking which I am proud of. I occasionally still want one but from what my hubby tells me even after all the years it's been since he quit he still wants one from time to time.

My first venture into this weight loss...which some may think is comical...I start Belly Dancing classes on the 14th at work. Yes it means coming into work earlier 2 days a week so that I can take the class and still have time to take a shower/grab something to eat but I start that journey on Monday's and Wednesday's soon. I'm really looking forward to it. I was wavering when Tara was trying to talk me into taking classes with her and then they started offering at the gym here at work. We had both talked about it and decided it was a sign I need to get my butt in gear...well in this case my hips. We shall see how it goes. But I am being optimistic. If it goes well here then I may venture into Tara's classes with her.

Another thing I need to work on is I want to be less of a "Sunday Witch" You know the one that only does stuff on holidays and Sabbats. I need to push myself more to meditate every day and work more in my craft. I'd like to try and so my initiation this year. I'm still learning and I'm WAY beyond studying for a year and a day. Classes actually start back up in March which I cannot wait for. A developing Psychic Skills class is the first one. Definitely excited about that one.

I want to be a better wife and mother. This may mean curbing the computer addiction but I think instead of being on the computer when the kids are home sending some real time with the kids would be better...even if it's back to knitting while sitting with them and they are watching cartoons. The Guitar Hero Marathons we had over the holidays were a blast even just watching. It's given my oldest a new appreciation for some older music (He played Crossroads for hours until he got it right *giggle*)

I need to cut/get rid of things that are dragging me down and holding me back. Stop worrying about things I cannot change. It's the past...it's over with. In other words LET. IT. GO!!! There is no saving some people if they don't want to be saved. You can't force them to see "the light" they will only see it in their own time. I think I may have to do a ritual to let certain things go. Perhaps one like Turtleheart did with writing down and burning it to let go. I also need to let go of the guilt. If I can't change it I shouldn't feel guilty about it. (It's the old Catholic upbringing coming through)

I know things like the above will all come in time. But I'm feeling positive that this is going to be an amazing year. I will become a Usui Reiki Master this month if things go according to plan. I will do my first degree initiation this year. My greenman and I will have our handfasting. Life is looking pretty good right now. Money is really tight...but we will make it through together as a family.

Blessed be to all for this new year

1 comment:

~RaenWa~ said...

I wish you all the luck with what you want to get done this year I think belly dancing seems like a cool idea.I am with you on the letting things go plan i sat down the other night wrote letters to people & said what I needed to say & then burned them I felt better doing the letters because I knew if I tried telling them face to face they wouldn't listen or they would be defensive which wouldn't help matters any. Good luck