Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tools of the Trade - Insense

Incense is used in ritual and magick. It comes in different forms including, stick, cone, or granulated powder (requires self igniting charcoal). To many of Wicca, Incense represents the element of Air.

The function of the incense burner or censer is to purify the area you magickally work in and is usually a heatproof container.

Me personally I could have insense burning all the time just because I like the smell. I'm kind of like that with candles too. as far as using it within spellwork though each one can have a different purpose or meaning. I will have to look for my list and get that posted here. Just can't find it at the moment. I have used all three types of insense. I prefer the stick for ease of use personally though.

No comments: