Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tools of the Trade - Wand

The wand represents the element of Air and the Male East. You can find them in your local metaphysical shop, online or even make one yourself. If you do make one yourself be sure you ask the tree first and if they do say yes please please please make sure you leave a token of thanks behind.

The wand can be used for many things. Casiting circles, directing energy during a spell or incantation. Wands can be made from anything ranging from glass or metal, but the "old" style is still wood. My wand I purchased online and it's wood and encrusted with various gemstones.

As with all tools it's really up to the individual person what feels best to them. Eventually I will probably go to see the weeping willow in the park and ask if I may have one of it's lovely branches for another wand. Until then I'm happy with the one I've got.

No comments: