Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tools of the Trade - Herbs

As with any tool some herbs will feel better to use then others. Herbs can be used with insence to burn like on Charcoal. They can be used in Witch Jars, Blessing water, clarity bags. Some herbs are designated for certain things, but as with most things in witchcraft...there's no set rules defining them. I've used fire herbs in blessing water and water herbs in charging a fire spell candle. It's all in what feels right to you. To start out I went strictly with what they were listed for. But as I go along I've adopted a more of the "go with the flow" attitude with herbs. I blame that all on Tara :)

Herbs can be used to make tinctures and salves. The possibilities are endless. I'm hoping to go to a huge Herb show here in town at the end of April. I want some more of my own herbs to harvest and work with again.

No comments: