Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Vatican lists new sins, including pollution

Ok I saw this article the other night when I opened up explorer. MSN is my homepage and there it was. I actually refreshed the page and blinked a few times before I actually read it. Now as some know I was raised Roman Catholic. I spent the majority of my life around and dealing with the Catholic church.

Quotes like this are what get me

“The poor are always becoming poorer and the rich ever more rich, feeding unsustainable social injustice,” Girotti said in the interview published Sunday.

Ok give me a break here. Please. You are kidding me right? The Roman Catholic Church...which I am convinced is one of the richest entities in the WORLD are saying this. Considering they could solve the US deficit with the stroke of a check and still have plenty to write all the checks to the victims of the Priests that couldn't keep their hands to themselves. (no I'm not still bitter about certain things *rolls eyes*)

It’s not the first time that the Vatican has sought to put a modern spin on sin. Last year, the Vatican took on the problem of highway accidents, issuing a kind of “Ten Commandments” for drivers against the sins of road rage, alcohol abuse and even rudeness behind the wheel.

I mean come on what's next? 'Thou shalt not drive a non hybrid car?' Or maybe... 'Thou shalt not eat food with preservatives' I don't remember seeing any of this in the bible!! Nothing about this while Jesus was turning water to wine was there anything about not letting your mule shit in the street. Road rage? Alcohol abuse and rudeness behind the wheel. OY there must be a lot of confessions at St Patrick's Catherdral after the Patty's day parade. That event encompasses all of it.

Ok yes I have my issues with the Catholic Church that I'm working on letting go. Trust me...it's hard. But hey according to their rule (that are apparently changing) I'm not only going to hell...I'm driving the bus. Anyone want a ride?

No comments: