Saturday, May 3, 2008

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!

One of my favorite days of the year...Not quite sure why they decided Beltane weekend was a good weekend to do this. But I digress. Yeah I'm a geeky witch....what can I tell ya. Free Comics...a look at some upcoming titles. And comics are not necessarily what you might think anymore. There are a lot more comics geared towards adults then kids. Trust me...I would not let my son read the "current" Superhero comics. They have a section of those that are just for their ages. Today's superhero comics deal with more adult things. Then again...some of them also teach. What they are calling a "graphic novel" is really a comic in a bigger book. We just ordered the history of Nat Turner for my oldest for Christmas because he just LOVES history and that's what they are studying now. They have also transformed a lot of old classics into graphic novels to try and get kids to read them. Anyway...if you have a local comic shop I would check it out and see if they are holding free comic book day there :)

No comments: