Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kids Say the darndest things...

You they aren't kidding when they say kids just say whatever is on their mind and it's usually the most honest response they have. Well I'm stealing Rhoni's plan with using children as filler :)

As I mentioned yesterday we had a family funeral last week. My Brother in Law's mother passed away. Well I arrived at the funeral home while hubby and R went to MILs to set up for the reception afterwards. I walk in and say hi to SIL and the the kids. (SIL has 2 6 year old twin girls and a 4 year old boy.)

Anyway I walk up to my BIL and KR(one of the twins) and gave him a hug and looked down at KR holding a large note card. It went something like this:

me: "What'cha got there babygirl?"
KR: "I'm writing a song for my Grandma" (she hands me card to read as she glances at the casket we are standing next to)
me: (I start reading the card)
KR leans in close to me and acts like she's going to whisper but it kinda loud as she points to the casket "She's the one in the case"

At this point BIL and I are staring at each other trying our hardest not to burst out laughing. I mean come on...how brutally honest is that. To a 6 year old that's exactly what it was.

Fast forward to the reception. A few of us are sitting around talking and one one of the girls there asks how I've been feeling. Well R the dear son of mine that he is comes walking through the room, "Eh Mommy doesn't get out much" *rolls eyes* Yeah gotta love kids

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...yep gotta love 'em.