Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What in the world is Reiki?

Ok so I've gotten a few questions about what the heck Reiki is. The best way I've described it to my parents and a few others at least is as a Reiki Practitioner you are essentially an energy Chiropractor...lol

Here is the Wikipedia explanation of it for you:

Reiki (霊気 or レイキ, Reiki? IPA: /ˈreɪkiː/) is a spiritual practice[1] used as a complementary therapy[2] developed in 1922 by Mikao Usui. After three weeks of fasting and meditating on Mount Kurama, in Japan, Usui claimed to receive the ability of 'healing without energy depletion'.[3] Practitioners use a technique similar to the laying on of hands, which they say will channel "healing energy" (called "ki") through their palms.[4] [5] Neither the existence of ki nor any mechanism for its manipulation are scientifically accepted, and the evidence base does not support the efficacy of reiki, or its recommendation for use in treatment.[6


Last night I received my Usui III Master level attunement. No this doesn't mean I'm some spiritual guide or anything. Just that I have reached the master level in the training. I am also a Master of Isis Blue Moon Reiki (there are hundreds of kinds of reiki but Usui is the basis.) What it does mean is after I am done "processing the attunement" (it takes you a little while to get used to the new energy) That I will be able to pass on and teach Reiki to others, something I very much look forward to.

There are a lot of people that will say it's a bunch of bologna but being someone who has received attunements and treatments and know others that I have I believe in it strongly.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE it when I get my Reiki from you...even when it comes through the knees :P