Friday, November 9, 2007

Energy Leeches

Have you ever run into certain people or know certain people that after you've been around them you feel completely drained? I have and here lately it's happening quite often. The ones that come over to your desk and you give them a look trying to give the hint that you really have no desire to talk to them...doesn't always work though.

Once they walked away I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I envisioned mirrors all around my cube repelling any of the negative energy that was seeping my way and especially their energy waves that seemed to be sucking my energy away. I went out at lunch and picked up a few things for some Christmas presents I'm making. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of my car. Rolled the window down some to feel the cool air and I feel slightly better now. I'm keeping the mirrors up and hopefully they will stay away for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Linda said...

That kind of thing bothers me too, especially when I've got a lot to do and limited time to get it done! But I'll pass along something a wise woman once said to me: sometimes perpetual annoyances are teachers in disguise. Yeah, I know, probably not - but I thought I'd toss it out there to ya!

onelittlepagan said...

That's a really good idea. I should try to keep that technique in mind when *my* energy leeches show up! If that's a consistent problem at work, have you considered bringing a small physical mirror, charged with that purpose?

Newrose said...

Linda I think you are right. I think it was a lesson in patience...I had absolutely none on Fridayy it seemed. I felt a little better once I was out of work though.

onelittlepagan that is an excellent suggestion. I will have to get a small one and charge it with that purpose for here. I work in a call center so you can imagine the amount of negative energy and leeches there are here.