Monday, November 26, 2007

Where do you draw the line?

Almost a year ago I was taking classes at a local metaphysical shop. We had Witchcraft 101 and 102 classes. Our teacher was amazing. (I've mentioned Tara before...and probably will many more times) The energy in the room after class was infectious. I would go home practically buzzing. (You get 10-11 witches chantiing a spell as you study the element of air and you will definitely go home with an energy high!) Anyway...after that the shop started branching out in their classes. One of the first ones they offered was Hoodoo. Now if you look up Hoodoo on the Llewellyn Encyclopedia (I'm only going to repost certain portions that pertain to my pndering here since I have the link to the page right above it...lol) It talks about the following:

Like most traditions of folk magic, hoodoo directs its workings primarily toward success in everyday life. Spells for drawing money, winning at gambling, attracting a mate or keeping one from straying, avoiding legal troubles, or winning court cases play a substantial role in the hoodoo repertoire. Methods for cursing or "crossing" another person are also an important part of the tradition, and there is a correspondingly rich lore of spells for "uncrossing" or countering curses, either by preventing hostile magic from being used in the first place by nullifying spells that have already been set in motion, or by "turning the trick" (that is, sending the spell back on its originator).


Now I admit I was interested in it at the time. I wanted to learn everything I possibly could. I was practically like a sponge. But I missed the first class. My son was extremely sick. I figured I could make it up later and get with the teacher to see what I had missed. Well then the next week my Oldest was extremely sick. And I missed that class too. Keep in mind there was a yahoo group and I was kept up to date with what I was missing... Class three was coming up the next week and one of the homework assignments was to collect Graveyard Dirt. And it's exactly what it sounds like. Dirt...from a graveyard. This gave me pause. But the teacher seemed nice enough. She was friends with Tara...sure...why not. Well needless to say things kept coming up and I never made it to the classes. Looking back I see this was a HUGE flashing neon sign that I just wasn't supposed to take those classes.

Anyway I'm babbling and not getting to the point. Well the person that I "cut the cord" with grabbed onto hoodoo and held onto it like a little kid who didn't want their toy taken away. They embraced it. Now they are close with my ex husband who I have court proceedings coming up with. She's been prominent in my dreams lately and they haven't been happy go lucky dreams either. They have been ugly and hateful and downright scary!! I'm beginning to wonder if they have been using this in the "curse" fashion they learned in those classes. Now the question is what to do in order to protect myself and my family and keep myself within the Rede. I don't want to harm anyone...but I need to protect my family...

No comments: