Friday, November 2, 2007

Marrying my Green Man

In less then 8 hours I go to marry my Green Man. Not many are lucky enough to find their Green Man. I'm not saying things are always perfect by any means. Every relationship has trials and things to work through. But for me...he is the one that clicks...the one that gets me...the one that puts up with my shit...lol Even if he's frustrated the hell out of me with something there isn't that urge to run like I've had in the past. just the fristration...lol We go good together...we fit. I know today's post doesn't exactly fit with the theme of the blog...but in a way it does because it has to do with my Green Man.

Today at 4pm we go and have the civil ceremony...we will do the handfasting later. But I can't wait. I'm nervous and excited at the same time... Below I put our song because it fits us so well. I've been through hell and back with past relationships And the road here may have been bumpy and broken...but if this is the end result...it's worth it.

Bless The Broken Road
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

[Chorus]

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love the words you posted! I almost started this comment with ... who wrote those words? but they obviously meant a lot to you and connected very much with me. So OK, who wrote those words? Good luck to you! You obviously have the mindset to keep you on the right path!

Newrose said...

The song is Bless the Broken Road by Rascall Flats. I'm glad you were able to connect with them as well Linda :)

Dyane said...

Congratulations Jess, I'm so happy for you. That song is one that means a lot to me, too, because I sure took a broken road to get to my soulmate.

Dyane from FF(http://wordywitch.com)